December 18, 2010

A complete and utter disaster. typical.

As I walked off of the 6 hour and 40 minute flight from freezing cold Dublin to freezing cold JFK everything fell apart real quick.  Thankfully my flight was accompanied by my friend Loren so him and I could suffer together considering I woke up at 4am and decided I should continue the party I had going until two hours prior.  So I did. I woke up out of my bed, threw the rest of my shit in a giant longchamp bag and brought myself right out into the living room and started inviting my friends up.  This was after spending a night with jameson out at the Porterhouse..good idea before a 6.30 wake up call.  With about 2.5 hours to kill left in Dublin, why not let kids smoke cigarettes in our living room, slosh around drinks at wee hours of the morning, and keep well...they kept me entertained.  Let's just say that as I boarded the international flight and walked myself through immigration still drunk I knew it was going to be a good day.  And by good i really mean bad.  I had started to actually love Dublin in the end, meeting some of the most amazing people I've met so far, but thats off topic of this mess of a day.  Anyway, I get off the plane in JFK only to have an awkward interaction with Loren's parents..and then walk my 52 pound bag and purse to the opposite side of the airport seriously straining the muscles in my arms and neck.  Once I wait for the 42 hispanic families and 7 people wearing matching NY yankees hats to walk through security while I am forced to listen to the absolute bitch of a woman standing behind me I feel myself starting to fall apart.  It hit me that people are just not that nice in America, by that I mean they aren't at all.  The bitch behind me had a serious wad in her panties and thought it would be appropriate to squawk about a mother with two children taking too long to walk through the metal detector..nice.  Following her pleasant encounter I desperately needed water and some food in me before I was going to pass out dead on the airport floor.  But don't you know my card got declined after waiting 10 minutes in line..so as I try to call to fix that issue I realize that my phone is dead.  Oh yeah and once I plug in my computer while I wait for my phone to get enough charge to let me call I find out that the internet doesn't work so I can't even check my account online.  another sweet moment.  In case you were worried, I have made it to my gate and even managed to get two bags of chex mix to brighten my mood.  I just really hope this isn't a sign of how my American return is going to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment