March 03, 2011
Date Night 2.life lessons.
After the most stressful day/week/month I have ever had...I was finally able to sit down and drink a scorching hot tottie with some friends that made all my tiny troubles go away. Now your first thought might escape to the fact that part of my new me was to cut out liquor. Well as a friend pointed out...that lasted long. Well. After part of my day/week/month of stress I have realized that I don't think it's actually possible. What I have realized is that if I am going to stay alive to live out the rest of this month/week/day I am going to need some moderation.
So. now that your first thought is nixed, you can move onto your next one... whatever that may be. But for me that is that I was finally able to sit down with three of my closest friends and drink some hottie totties and not a. drink more than two. b. not black out. c. not drunk text and d. get home safely and most importantly, remember how I got home. Successful date night? I think so. Throughout all this success there was even more to be proud of, life lessons. Being the tender age of 20 and lucky enough to have intelligent and wise friends who can sculpt this tender tiny into a shapely human being, and I don't mean solid shapes, just shapely. So tonights lesson was the reality of growing up.
What is good about growing up?
nothing really.
realizing people are innocent and perfect.
figuring out what steps are next.
finding out the truth.
having to deal with the truth.
getting to do the next step.
letting things play out the way they are supposed to.
those are all the actions, but what else happens?
everything really.
the radio stations you listen to start to get older...by the decade.
start making life decisions...
have to get rid of mom's credit card...
do your own laundry...
learn how to cook...
buy wrinkle cream...thank god not yet.
But date night 2.life lessons was really about realizing that life is going to go on, no matter what. Weirdly enough it always works out, whatever is supposed to happen will, whatever falls in front of you is supposed to be there, and the less you fight it and accept it as a fact the happier you will be. Part of growing up is realizing that letting go of things is supposed to happen, if it's meant to be it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment