Once upon a woods party....
This past summer, specifically during the Church St. sidewalk sale, I was hanging outside the Ecco
storefront when a lobster approached myself and my co-worker. When I say a lobster approached
me, I literally mean a man dressed in a giant lobster suit. I would gasp in shock, but things like this
happen all the time in Burlington. So like my typical self I start talking to the lobster, because I just HAVE to know why he felt compelled to walk up and down Church St. dressed like this. His
immediate response was, "it is a tribute to my pet blue lobster." Hmm.... that seems logical, not.
The lobster didn't leave...ever. After antagonizing me for a while he decided to go into the store
and harass some other tiny's. This is when I find out that on his way out the door approached
Jethie and asked her what she was doing that night. Without a chance to think she told him what
we were doing that night, woods party. He then proceeded to ask for her number, and again
without a chance to deny the question, gave him her number. Not a fake number, like Amina's
or something...her number.
Well the lobster left Ecco and faffed around who knows where and then we were done with it.
and harass some other tiny's. This is when I find out that on his way out the door approached
Jethie and asked her what she was doing that night. Without a chance to think she told him what
we were doing that night, woods party. He then proceeded to ask for her number, and again
without a chance to deny the question, gave him her number. Not a fake number, like Amina's
or something...her number.
Well the lobster left Ecco and faffed around who knows where and then we were done with it.
If only we could be so lucky.
On our way to the woods Jeth, question for ya, and I had to stop and get some coors light and
chex mix so we stopped at the store. As question for ya was in the store Jeth gets a random
phone call. I immediately tell her to hit ignore because it MUST be the lobster. Crisis averted,
no answer, no lobster.
chex mix so we stopped at the store. As question for ya was in the store Jeth gets a random
phone call. I immediately tell her to hit ignore because it MUST be the lobster. Crisis averted,
no answer, no lobster.
Once again, if only we could be so lucky.
In pulls a fish tank carrying nothing else but the lobster. I guess we really were lucky, out
of all the gas stations in Vermont, after all of the minutes in the day, after all of tiny's in
the world...the lobster found us again. All I could think was "thank god my windows are
tinted." So I start whispering and yell at Jeth to crouch down and pray that we don't get discovered...
of all the gas stations in Vermont, after all of the minutes in the day, after all of tiny's in
the world...the lobster found us again. All I could think was "thank god my windows are
tinted." So I start whispering and yell at Jeth to crouch down and pray that we don't get discovered...
Please excuse the formatting errors...blogger is being cranky. hope there's no lapse in judgement
No comments:
Post a Comment